Although the KookCie is, of course, famous for making high-class food for the members of Intermate with its famous curries and chillis. We were wondering, what is the favorite food of the stars of Hollywood, and what kind of preferences have they acquired during their stardom? That is the mission I am embarking on today, also giving you the recipes so you can try them yourselves.
First starting with a meal the actresses of Friends ate almost every day, namely Jennifer Aniston's bulgur salad with lots of veggies and feta.
Ingredients (for 4 people):
- 275 grams of bulgur (can also use pearl cous cous or cous-cous if you cannot find bulgur, look at the package for how much of the grain is needed)
- 2 cucumbers, cut in cubes
- 1 red onion, diced
- 15 grams of fresh parsley, chopped (can also use dried parsley, dried spices are more intense so just add these to taste)
- 10 grams of fresh mint, chopped (can also use dried mint, dried spices are more intense so just add these to taste)
- 150 grams of feta, chopped
- 1 can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- Juice of halve a lemon (you could cut the other half in slices and freeze them, nice for in your water or a cocktail and it is also is an immediate ice cube)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
These directions are as simple as the use base course, and thus is ideal for us students.
- Boil the bulgur according to the packaging
- In the mean time slice all the veggies and drain the chickpeas.
- Pleur everything together and mix well.
- Add some seasoning to taste and smakelijk eten
The next recipe is from another legend in show biz, namely Oprah Winfrey, who apparently swears by these devilled eggs (gevulde eieren). Which is a lovely party snack, ideal for all situations and loved by all.
Ingredients (for 24 devilled eggs):
- 12 eggs
- 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons of mustard
- 1 tablespoon of finely chopped pickles
- 1 dash of Worcestershire sauce
- 1 dash of lemon juice if you feel fancy
- 1 or 2 dashes of tabasco
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Paprika powder to garnish
- Hard boil some eggs (if you do not know how to do this, how are you still alive).
- Peel the hard-boiled eggs and let them cool a bit.
- Cut each egg in half, lengthwise.
- Remove the yolks and place them in a bowl.
- Mix the yolks with all the ingredients and mix well.
- Spoon the yolk mixture in the egg whites and sprinkle with paprika.
- Eat right away or store covered in the fridge until serving.
The last recipe is from the Dutch queen herself Queen Maxima. For her 49th birthday she shared the recipe of her favourite cookie, alfajores with dulce de leche. This is an Argentine cookie since Maxima herself is from Argentina.
- 100 grams of flour
- 150 grams of corn starch
- 75 grams of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- ½ teaspoon of baking soda
- 100 grams of room temperature butter
- 2 egg yolks
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- Zest of half a lemon
- ½ teaspoon of cognac
- 50 grams of coconut flakes
Dulche de Leche
Dulche de Leche
- Remove the wrapper of the tin of condensed milk.
- Put the tin in a large pot and cover it with water.
- Let the water cook for 3 hours. ! Make sure the tin stays under water, otherwise it can explode!
- Pour out the water and let the tin cool completely before opening it.
- You can save these cans unopened in a dark space for around 3 months.
- Mix all the dry ingredients together.
- Add the butter, eggs, vanilla extract, lemon and cognac and knead the dough.
- Form a ball with the dough pack it in cling foil and let it rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- After an hour preheat the oven at 160° Celsius.
- Put some cornflour on your worksurface (so that the dough does not stick) and roll out the dough until about half a centimetre thick.
- Cut out circles of this dough, with a clean glass or a cookie cutter.
- Put the cut-out circles on a bakingtray lined with baking paper (bakpapier), and bake them in the middle of the preheated oven for about 10-12 minutes, lightly brown.
- Let the cookies cool on a rack.
- Put a dodge of dulce de leche on the cooled cookie and put a second cookie on top.
- Roll the sides of the cookies in the coconut
Have you learned something from these recipes, or do you have any of your own? Please share them with the KookCie and maybe we will recreate it for one of our delicious meals.