We’re so happy that so many of you are excited about joining the MasterChef Intermate competition! The general rules that hold for the entire competition can be found here.
General Rules MasterChef Intermate
- A duo can only consist of two Intermate members. A duo cannot change during the MasterChef contest. If due to unforeseen circumstances this is inevitable, this can only be arranged after discussion with the MasterChef Taskforce. In any case, there should be one person in every duo that participated from the first round on.
- Duos should subscribe by filling out the subscription form (see the link below) and participating in the first round.
- The winner of the first “Het Geluid van Intermate” can choose whether s/he goes to the finale of MasterChef or whether s/he would rather like to participate for the entire contest. In that case, the winner is allowed to enter in the second round with a partner of his/her choice.
- After the first round, there is no way to enter MasterChef unless this is decided by the Taskforce. One exception to this rule is a freshmen duo that is selected during the introduction week and is allowed to enter in the semifinals.
- If a duo gives up voluntarily, the Taskforce nominates a new duo out of the duos that had to leave the competition in earlier rounds. If none of these duos wants to re-enter, the Taskforce will allow an entirely new duo to enter based on an assignment deemed fit by the Taskforce.
- Which duos are allowed to enter the next round will be decided by the Taskforce (Anke, Manon, Roxanne). In case one of the Taskforce members cannot attend, her duties will be temporarily taken over by another Lustrum Committee member.
- Duos will be ranked based on the appearance of the food, presentation, taste, originality, and difficulty of the dish. All three judges give an individual grade on each of these categories; the final grade being the average of all these scores.
Keep in mind that the deadline for subscribing is March 15th!