We’re so happy that so many of you are excited about joining the MasterChef Intermate competition! The rules for round 1 (baking a pie/cake) can be found here.
Rules Round 1 MasterChef
- All general rules also hold for this round.
- Having your pie/cake tasted will finalize your subscription for MasterChef Intermate.
- Your pie/cake should be homemade, so not store bought.
- Participants should be able to present a complete list of ingredients while having the pie/cake tasted.
- There will be no financial compensation for this round, meaning that the budget is yours to determine. The price of joining this activity is the pie/cake you bake.
- As a duo, you get one attempt at having your pie/cake tasted by the MasterChef Taskforce.
- You should announce that you want to have your pie/cake tasted 48 hours in advance and present it to the Taskforce at the agreed time.
- The pie/cake should be whole, so it is not sufficient to bring just one piece. We want to be able to judge the pie/cake on looks.
- A maximum of seven duos will be allowed to continue into round 2, meaning that any other duos will unfortunately have to leave the competition. The MasterChef Taskforce will decide who can continue based on taste, looks, and originality of the pie/cake. Based on the number of subscriptions, this number can still be changed by the Taskforce.
- If, due to unforeseen circumstances, another couple has to quit the competition the best couple of the ones that did not pass through to the next round will be asked if they want to take the newly available spot.
Keep in mind that the deadline for this round is March 15th!